The Cox Flexion Distraction Decompression Technic is non-surgical, doctor-controlled, hands-on spinal manipulation performed by a chiropractic spinal specialist. With the patient lying on the Cox Table, a specially designed chiropractic instrument, effective administration of flexion distraction and spinal decompression adjustment and manipulation is applied to the spine.
Well-researched and documented, flexion-distraction and spinal decompression helps to relieve spinal pain and reduce spinal nerve root pressure, primarily by:
- dropping intradiscal pressure to as low as -192mm Hg in the lumbar spine and lowering pressures in the cervical spine (C4-C7) 96 to 1583 mm Hg
- widening the spinal canal foraminal area by 28%
- reducing pressure on the spinal nerves
- returning normal motion to the spinal joints
The goal of Cox Technic is to help the spinal pain patient go from “pain” to “no pain” as quickly as possible following the “rule of 50%” which governs the Cox Technic System of Spinal Pain Management.
Evidenced based Cox Technic is appropriate for conditions causing low back and leg pain as well as neck and arm pain. It also reduces pain attributable to …
- disc herniation
- a slipped disc
- a ruptured disc
- facet syndrome
- post-surgical continued pain (pain after back surgery) aka FBSS (failed back surgical syndrome)
- other spinal pain conditions
For more information on Cox Decompression, click here!
Dr Terry Wilson has been trained extensively in the use and application of the Cox Decompression technic for various spinal related conditions, and has utilized the Cox technic for 30 years. If you would like more information about the Cox Technic, please contact us today at (714) 692-1771.