The Cox Technic is non-surgical, doctor-controlled, hands-on spinal manipulation performed by a chiropractic spinal specialist, with the patient lying on a Cox Table, a specially designed chiropractic instrument. This table permits the effective administration of flexion distraction and spinal decompression adjustment and manipulation.
Well-researched and documented, flexion-distraction and decompression helps relieve spinal pain and return patients to their desired quality of life primarily by:
- dropping intradiscal pressure to as low as -192mm Hg in the lumbar spine and lowering pressures in the cervical spine (C4-C7) 96 to 1583 mm Hg
- widening the spinal canal foraminal area by 28%
- reducing pressure on the spinal nerves
- returning motion to the spinal joints
The goal of Cox Technic is to help the spinal pain patient go from "pain" to "no pain" as quickly as possible following the "rule of 50%" which governs the Cox Technic System of Spinal Pain Management.
Evidenced based Cox Technic is appropriate for conditions causing low back and leg pain as well as neck and arm pain. It also reduces pain attributable to …
- disc herniation
- a slipped disc
- a ruptured disc
- facet syndrome
- post-surgical continued pain (pain after back surgery) aka FBSS (failed back surgical syndrome)
- other spinal pain conditions